Historically, industrial pulp and paper production was a semi – automatic process which required a great deal of manual intervention and there are some types of exposures to potential health and safety hazards such as physical, chemical and biological hazards which may be expected in each process area and these hazards will affect to employees from other areas may also occur depending on weather conditions, proximity to sources of exposure, and whether they work in more than one process area ( e.g. , quality control, general labour pool and maintenance personnel ). Also there are some environmental issues such as air pollution issues, water pollution issues and solid wastes handling. Due to these health, safety and environmental hazards, the Management and all employees of paper and pulp industry should set-up and implement HSE Management System and Procedures to handle the above HSE aspects in preventing and reducing accidents and losses : harm to people, damage to property or equipment, loss to process and damage to environment.
After attending this course, the participants will be able to :
- Know, understand and implement Government HSE Regulations and Procedures
- Analyze causes and effects of losses
- Identify the sources of pollution within the process & implement control technologies
- Set-up and implement HSE Programs in preventing and reducing accidents & losses
- Introduction to HSE Government Regulations & Procedures, especially in Paper and Pulp Industry
- Causes and Effects of Loss
- Management Control of Loss
- General Profile of Paper and Pulp Industry
- HSE Aspects on Major Sectors and Processes ( i.e. Wood Handling, Mechanical Pulping, Chemical Pulping & Recovery, Sulphate Pulping & Recovery, Sulphite Pulping & Recovery, Bleaching, etc. )
- Occupational Hazards and Controls ( i.e. Safety Hazards, Physical Hazards, Chemical Hazards and Biological Hazards )
- Environmental and Public Health Issues
- Permit to Work System, Lock Out & Tag Out ( LOTO ), Working at Height
- HSE Planned Inspections and Audits
- HSE Personal and Group Communications
- HSE General Promotions
- Case Study, Group Discussions and Presentations, Safety Films / VCD Show
- Pre-Test, Post-Test and Course Evaluation
Managers, Superintendents, Section Heads and Supervisors who involve in Paper and Pulp Industry, especially but not limited from the following departments : Production, Transportation, Maintenance, Logistics/Warehouse, HSE/SHE/EHS, Support Services, Medical/Clinic, Security, Engineering, etc.
COURSE INSTRUCTOR / FACILITATOR : Ir. Didi Sugandi Bc. M (*)
His formal educational background is Petroleum Engineer, he has 38 years work experience Oil / Gas / Geothermal Company (Stanvac, VICO, KBC, Sumitomo Corp, JOB Pertamina-Gulf, etc.) in Production Department (19 years), Manpower Planning & Development / HRD (2 years) and HSE (17 years), the last position was Senior Manager HSE include 13 years hands-on experience / practitioner as Internal & External HSE Auditor in Oil/Gas Company, Petrochemicals, Electric Power /PLTG / PLTU, Manufacturing, etc., as well as HSE Trainer / Instructor / Lecturer in various companies / industries beside Oil/Gas/Geothermal such as Petrochemicals, Fertilizer Plants, Coal, Electronics, Cement, Medicines / Pharmacy, Textiles / Garments, Rubber, PLN / PLTG / PLTU, etc. Now his position is HSE Management System Audit Coordinator.
ü Quality training material (hardcopy and softcopy)
ü Quality training kits included calculator, T-shirt or jacket, cap, ect.
ü Convenient training facilities with four star quality
ü Morning and afternoon coffee breaks and lunch for along the training
ü Certificate of Completion
ü Exclusive flash disk.
Tuition Fee & Registration Deadline
IDR 8.250.000,-/ Person, (Excluded PPN 10% and Accommodation)
Registration and Payment deadline a weeks before training held.
For further information and registration please contact:
Mohammad Ramli +62 852 17900 824